September 5, 2018
For Immediate Release
In Another Galaxy
at The Strong® Museum
Use the Force and transport the family to In Another Galaxy at The Strong museum during Columbus Day Weekend on Saturday, October 6 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday, October 7 from 1 to 4 p.m.; and Monday, October 8 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Come dressed in your favorite science-fiction costume and journey to another universe.
- Meet costumed actors from the 501st Legion (Vader’s Fist), Rebel Legion, and the Rochester Ghostbusters.
- Marvel at robots built by the R2-D2 Builders Club.
- Create a foam lightsaber and attend a Jedi training session.
- Mix and match outfits in the Other Worlds Dress-Up area.
- Transform Mr. Potator Head into Darth Tater or Artoo Potatoo.
- Play science-fiction themed arcade games.
- Check out sci-fi books featured throughout the museum using your Monroe County Library System card.
In Another Galaxy is included with general museum admission fees. In Another Galaxy is not sponsored or endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd or Walt Disney Studios. Programs underwritten by Delta Air Lines, the official airline of The Strong.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $15, under age 2 free, members free. Fees subject to change.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $4 for members, $5 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only. Fees subject to change.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.