College and University Programs
The Strong offers opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students to learn about the power and importance of play in the lives of children and adults. Programs are offered at the museum or at a college or university in a variety of subject areas, including education, psychology, and museum studies.
Museum educators can create custom programs to uniquely suit particular college or university class needs. Custom program prices vary. College and university groups can also make group admission reservations. Custom offerings include, but are not limited to:
- The Reggio Emilia Approach in Action
- Discover how The Strong’s Woodbury School implements the Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education.
- Learning Through Play
- Explore teaching and learning through play in four areas of child development—social, emotional, cognitive, and physical.
- Behind-the-Scenes Tours
- Meet with a museum professional to learn more about the museum’s world-renowned collection of toys, games, dolls, electronic games, and other items related to play. Tours also offer students the chance to learn about the design and fabrication of museum exhibits and view The Strong’s unparalleled play-related library and archive materials.
Custom Experience Request Form
Review museum guidelines with students in advance of your visit:
- Gather all members of the group before approaching the admissions desk
- Send only the lead instructor to the admissions desk for check-in
- If the museum-approved plan includes a presentation by a staff member, ask to have that person notified that you have arrived
- Complete the pre-approved activities in the time and locations allowed
- Observe play in general, not specific museum guests or groups of guests
- Explore exhibit spaces, but please do not approach individual museum guests or groups
- Photograph exhibit elements, but do not photograph museum guests
Individuals and groups are subject to the rules and regulations of The Strong. The Strong reserves the right to expel from the premises any person or group, without refund, where the presence or conduct of the individual or group is deemed objectionable by The Strong in its sole discretion, or if the individual or group fails to comply with any and all security measures and applicable laws.
Make a Donation Today
Become a champion for play and help make a difference in the lives of the children and families who play, learn, and grow with The Strong.