Play Makers Leadership Council
The Strong Play Makers Leadership Council is a diverse and inclusive group of ambassadors who support the museum’s fundraising goals and promote play in the lives of people of all ages, both at The Strong and within their communities.
The council is an associate board that supplies members with the opportunity to develop their professional skills and support the institution. In turn, the institution can cultivate the next generation of donors and trustees. Please note that membership does not guarantee membership on the Board of Trustees or other museum committees. Council recruitment strategy emphasizes diversity and inclusion.
Play Maker Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as advocates and ambassadors for The Strong and the power of play.
- Support The Strong’s mission and strategic goals by organizing, planning, and promoting small-scale events such as pop-up play opportunities at their businesses, game nights, or other opportunities.
- Count The Strong among their top philanthropic priorities. Each member is expected to contribute to fundraising activities to support The Strong. Some examples of contributions include:
- An outright cash donation to The Strong’s Powered by Play campaign
- Silent auction items donated from a Play Makers-owned business
- A Play Maker-hosted game night fundraiser with donations benefiting The Strong
- Participate in current and future campaigns for The Strong.
- Attend at least four meetings annually, either in-person or via teleconference.
- Serve a minimum one-year term.
- Promote The Strong and its programs through personal social media.
- Participate in a minimum of two museum events annually.
- Identify and recruit new members for the council.
Interested in learning more? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 Play Makers
Make a Donation Today
Become a champion for play and help make a difference in the lives of the children and families who play, learn, and grow with The Strong.