Museum field trips provide dynamic opportunities for project-based learning and unique ways for teachers to connect to curriculum. Field trips are only open to K-12 licensed schools during the school year. If you are a youth group, please visit our Group Admission Rates page.
Field Trip Rate
- $8 per student (minimum of 10 paying students).
- One adult chaperone is included for every three paid students. Chaperones beyond the 1:3 ratio, who are not members, pay full general admission.
- $5 per person additional to visit the butterfly garden. Chaperones pay $5 to visit the butterfly garden, as well.
- The food court is currently closed but bag lunches may be brought in by groups. We cannot accommodate refrigeration or reheating of lunches.
- Field trips are only available during the school year except on weekends, holidays, and school-break weeks.
How to Make a Field Trip Reservation
- Complete and submit the Group Visit Request form. A staff member will contact you within two business days to confirm your booking. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance of your visit. Date and capacity restrictions may apply. Please note, the museum does not have parking for buses and the museum food court is currently closed.
- Full payment and final counts are due two weeks before your visit.
These recent examples demonstrate how museum spaces support hands-on connections to material covered in the classroom:
- A fifth grade class visited Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden to sketch plants as part of their study of botany and to inspire poetry writing.
- A first grade class visited Reading Adventureland as part of their study of literature genres.
- A high school technology class visited eGameRevolution to explore the history of electronic games.
Education programs underwritten in part by