See the Rochester Premiere of El Americano: The Movie on March 15
February 19, 2014
For Immediate Release
Shane Rhinewald, 585-410-6365, firstname.lastname@example.org
See the Rochester Premiere of
El Americano: The Movie
At The Strong Museum on March 15
Meet Its Director All Weekend Long (March 15 & 16)
See the exclusive Rochester premiere of El Americano: The Movie at The Strong® National Museum of Play® on Saturday, March 15 at 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Meet its awarding-winning director, Ricardo Arnaiz, and characters from the movie on Saturday, March 15 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, March 16 from 1 to 4 p.m. This red-carpet celebration is held in conjunction with The Strong’s Get Animated! Cartoon Weekend.
On Saturday only:
- Check out special screenings of the full-length, family-friendly animated film El Americano: The Movie before it hits theaters in the summer of 2014. View the Spanish-language version at 11 a.m. and see the English-language version at 3 p.m. Seating for the full-length movie screenings are limited.
- Meet award-winning director Ricardo Arnaiz during a presentation at 1:30 p.m. and learn about the film-making process, including about the artists, technology, and actors that helped bring El Americano: The Movie to life.
- Meet the colorful canary Paquito—a hero from the movie—as he strolls through the museum.
- Enjoy how-to-draw sessions with Ricardo Arnaiz, hone your illustration skills, and create your own characters.
- See if you have what it takes to be a voice-over star while you read parts from the El Americano script.
El Americano: The Movie tells the story of Cuco, a boy parrot from Mexico, who travels to Hollywood on a quest to find his favorite crime-fighting television hero—the super parrot El Americano. Cuco seeks El Americano’s help with fighting off the bully birds trying to take over his family’s circus, and along the way, discovers the true hero within himself. The movie features the voices of well-known actors, including Cheech Marin, Lisa Kudrow, Erik Estrada, Edward James Olmos, and Rico Rodriguez (from ABC’s Modern Family). For more information, visit http://elamericanothemovie.com.
“I’m so glad and excited to be premiering El Americano: The Movie in Rochester and at The Strong museum,” says Arnaiz. “I love the values and mission of this wonderful place, where kids and adults can learn about the history of toys and importance of play.”
Arnaiz founded Animex Productions in Mexico in 2000, and he has produced and directed a number of movies and TV pilots, including The Legend of the Nahuala, which premiered number one at the Mexican box office in 2007. Arnaiz is currently working on three projects with U.S. studios: Team K-9, The 3 Mariachis, and A World Upside-Down.
The El Americano: The Movie premiere and director meet-and-greet are included with general museum admission fees.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13.50, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.