The Strong National Museum of Play “Spirograph® School Break Week Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. INTERNET CONNECTION IS REQUIRED TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Sweepstakes Description: THE STRONG NATIONAL MUSEUM OF PLAY “SPIROGRAPH® SCHOOL BREAK WEEK SWEEPSTAKES” (THE “SWEEPSTAKES”) IS GOVERNED BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND PROMOTES THE STRONG MUSEUM (THE “MUSEUM” AND “SPIROGRAPH®-BRANDED ACTIVITY KITS” (THE “ACTIVITY”). TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE MUSEUM FOR FREE, VISIT WWW.MUSEUMOFPLAY.ORG AND TO LEARN ABOUT THE ACTIVITY FOR FREE, VISIT WWW.PLAYMONSTER.COM.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States of America and the District of Columbia, eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (the “Entrant”).
Employees of The Strong National Museum of Play (“Sponsor”), PlayMonster Group LLC and their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such individuals are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, the Entrant or “You” agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the Sweepstakes in all respects. By holding an account with Instagram and/or Facebook (the “Social Platforms”), You are bound by its/their terms and conditions. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission, or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by messages to its Instagram page: Instagram.com/museumofplayroc or to its Facebook page: Facebook.com/TheStrongMuseum.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes starts at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on April 4, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on April 15, 2022, (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible Entrants can enter the Sweepstakes online-only by accessing the Sweepstakes post at Instagram.com/museumofplayroc and/or Facebook/thestrongmuseum (the “Sweepstakes Post”). Entrants must “Like” the Sweepstakes Post and mention “why you love Spirograph” in the comments section to be eligible to win.
If participating via mobile device, You understand and agree that wireless Internet access and other charges may apply. You are advised to review your wireless carrier’s rate plan BEFORE participating in the Sweepstakes via mobile device. Wireless Internet access is not available in all areas and not all mobile devices allow for wireless Internet access or are compatible with the Social Platform app(s).
By successfully completing the foregoing, and subject to the limitations detailed herein, you will receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes for the Social Platform on which you entered. Automated or robotic entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Sponsor may remove and disqualify any Entries it deems in its sole and absolute discretion to contain obscene, profane, or questionable material or content. Final eligibility for the award of any Prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. The clock on the Social Platform on which you entered will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Limit: There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person per Social Platform per day during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Prizes: Four (4) Grand Prize winners will be selected (two (2) from the Entries on Each Social Platform).
Instagram Grand Prize: The two (2) Grand Prize winners from the Entries received on Instagram will each receive a Spirograph® Retro Deluxe Set. The ARV of the Instagram Grand Prize is: $19.99 (USD).
Facebook Grand Prize: The two (2) Grand Prize winners from the Entries received on Facebook will each receive a Spirograph® Original Deluxe Set. The ARV of the Facebook Grand Prize is $24.99 (USD).
The Total ARV or all Prizes is $89.96 USD.
- Odds: The Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: At the completion of the Sweepstakes Period, on or about April 18, 2022, Sponsor will select two (2) potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received on each Social Platform during the Sweepstakes Period, for a total of four (4) potential winners. Winner is subject to verification, including verification of age. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all respects. The potential Prize winners will be notified on or about April 18, 2022 via direct message on the Social Platform from which the Entry was selected at the social handle contained in the Entry from Sponsor’s social handle for the Social Platform. Sponsor shall have no liability for potential winner’s failure to receive notification for any reason, including spam, junk e-mail or security settings, or any other technical difficulty, or incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information or failure to adequately monitor a Social Platform. It is your responsibility to ensure that the privacy settings are on a Social Platform are set to receive direct messages or other similar private communications. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the Prize by 11:59:59 PM ET on April 25, 2022, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate potential winner may be selected from remaining eligible Entries.
- Prize Winner Responsibilities: The Prize will be awarded in the name of the Entrant. In the event a potential Prize winner is under the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence, the Prize will be awarded in the name of the Entrant’s parent or legal guardian. For avoidance of doubt, You cannot win more than one (1) Prize in this Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, winner acknowledges and agrees to compliance with these Official Rules, which are final and binding. Winner acknowledges that decisions of Sponsor and its agencies with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstakes are final. No cash or other Prize substitution shall be permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Prize is non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if the Prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the Prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the Prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prize items. Unclaimed Prizes may not be awarded. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States of America/D.C. and Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to an address within said locations. Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes connected with receipt of Prize, the use and enjoyment of Prize, or any other connection with this Sweepstakes unless otherwise required by law or unless this requirement is waived in writing by an authorized representative of Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Publicity: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants automatically confer on Sponsor an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free worldwide, fully paid-up, assignable license to use his or her first name, photograph, likeness, statements, Social Platform profile/handle, biographical information, city and state address for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including, without limitation, in perpetuity, without further notice, approval, attribution, or any compensation (except to the extent prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request.
- Terms & Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sponsor control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the potential winner from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violates these Official Rules. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By submitting an entry, You waive any privacy expectations that You might have with respect to the entry or any personal information provided. By participating, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) to the extent permitted by law to release and hold harmless Sponsor, the Sweepstakes Entities, Instagram, Facebook, Hasbro and any and all Internet server(s) and access provider(s) and their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors, (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such participation in the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries. Proof of attempting to submit an Entry is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned and become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, You agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Monroe County, New York having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and You hereby waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). You further waive all rights to injunctive relief and have damages multiplied or increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability, so the above may not apply to You.
- Winner’s List: For a List of Winners send a written request to:
One Manhattan Square
Rochester, New York 14607
Attn: Sara Poe
Requests for the Winner’s List must be received by May 1, 2022.
© The Strong. All Rights Reserved. Spirograph® is a registered trademark of Hasbro, Inc. Used under license.
//END OFFICIAL RULES//