How Do I Purchase a Membership?
- Order or renew online by clicking the membership level you would like to purchase below.
- At the museum admissions desk (print an application for quicker service).
- Over the phone by calling 585-263-2700 (Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.).
- Print an application and mail or fax it to the membership team at the museum.
The adult(s) named on the membership must present photo ID when visiting. Memberships are not refundable or transferable. Children age 15 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
Basic-level benefits include:
- Free museum admission for 2 named adults residing at the same address and up to 4 children (age 18 and younger) for one year
- 6 parking vouchers to The Strong's garage (coming early 2020)
- Punch card with 4 free rides on the train or carousel
- $1 discount on guest admission
- $1 discount on butterfly garden admission
- 10% discount in the museum shop
- Member newsletter and email updates
- ACM Reciprocal Network Discount of 50% off admission for up to 6 people at participating ACM museums.
- Member-only exhibit previews
- Discounts and presale offers on select museum programs
An annual membership to The Strong is the gift that gives all year long! Select the level of membership you would like to give as a gift from the options below. Be sure to check the box labeled THIS IS A GIFT at the top of the online order form so you can enter a special gift message and choose where we mail the membership cards. If you are renewing a gift membership online, complete the online order form as if you were purchasing a new gift membership. Your payment will automatically connect to your existing gift membership and renew it for another year—the member won't lose any time by renewing early.
Membership Upgrades and Add-ons
These membership upgrades increase the flexibility and value of your membership. You will see these upgrade options when you select a Basic-level membership above when purchasing or renewing online. Visit the FAQ page for more information about these upgrade options.
- Add-a-Guest ($40) This upgrade provides the most convenient way for members to bring a different guest each time they visit the museum. The member must accompany the guest. Limit one Add-a-Guest per membership and one use per day. Select one of the Basic-level memberships above to see this upgrade option.
- Patron-level Package ($60) Upgrade your membership to include four museum admission tickets and four butterfly garden tickets to give to family and friends (an $84 value). Tickets are good for one use and expire when the membership expires. Limit one package per membership.
Member Parking Garage Benefit (Coming 2020)
Basic- and Patron-level memberships include 6 parking vouchers to use in The Strong’s parking garage (early 2020). With each renewal of membership thereafter, a new set of 6 parking vouchers will be issued. In addition to the parking vouchers, members will receive free parking from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Storytime Club Mondays. You will receive more information about these valuable member benefits before the garage is finished in early 2020. Parking vouchers are valid for one use, do not guarantee parking space availability, can only be used at The Strong's garage, and expire when the membership expires.
Interested in providing additional financial support to The Strong while receiving a unique suite of benefits? Consider purchasing an upper-level membership, Benefactor, Sustaining, Leading, and Presidential.
Terms and Conditions of Membership
Membership may not be share by multiple households or used by daycare or babysitting services. Membership is non-refundable and non-transferable. Photo ID and membership cards are required at each museum visit. Fees and benefits are subject to change without notice. Name changes will incur a $5 processing fee along with proof of residency and old membership cards (limit one).
This membership is a revocable license for the member and permitted guests. Members and permitted guests are subject to the rules and regulations of The Strong. Members and guests assume all risks and dangers of personal injury, property damage, and other hazards incidental or in any way related to the visit, whether occurring prior to, during, or subsequent to the visit and releases The Strong, its trustees, officers, employees, agents, and affiliates from any and all liability for same arising from the visit. The Strong reserves the right to expel from the premises any person and/or revoke the membership, without refund, of any member where the presence or conduct of the member or guest is deemed objectionable by The Strong in its sole discretion, or who fails to comply with any and all security measures and applicable laws. The Strong reserves the right to limit articles brought onto the premises, and to limit large bags and similar items. Flash photography is prohibited; and still and video images may not be reproduced for commercial use without written consent from The Strong.
The Strong manages Members’ personal information in accordance with applicable law. The Strong may use Members’ personal information to provide goods and services, research, and send certain marketing and other materials of The Strong to Members.