- This event has passed.
Gaming for All: A Women in Games Celebration
Join The Strong National Museum of Play and Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) for a special evening of big-kid fun to celebrate and share the contributions of women, people of color, differently-abled people, the LGBTQIA+ community, and other under-represented groups to the world of video games!
At 6:15 p.m., gather in The Strong’s 300-person theater for micro presentations and a panel discussion with trailblazers from the video game industry—including Beth Llewelyn, Principal & Co-Founder, Zebra Partners; Sydney Adams, senior game designer at Take-Two Interactive Software; Shannon Loftis, retired Xbox Team executive with Microsoft; Lauren Synger, Voice Actor, Voice Director, Singer, Songwriter; Jenny Xu, CEO Talofa Games; and Rebecca Heineman, CEO at Olde Sküül—with additional insights from Jenn Hinton, associate director of RIT’s MAGIC Center/MAGIC Spell Studios.
The event also includes:
- Complimentary ‘gamer’ snacks and nonalcoholic beverages in the Adams Atrium;
- An exclusive offering of playable video games created and/or inspired by people of color, the LGBTQIA+ community, and other underrepresented groups;
- Live video-game-themed music from Glitch;
- A chance to meet local game developers and try out their games presented by ROC Game Dev;
- Playtime in the Women in Games exhibit
Tickets are $16. Seating is limited. Tickets are nonrefundable.