Getting Silly with Dr. Seuss at The Strong Museum March 4 & 5
February 8, 2017
For Immediate Release
Getting Silly with Dr. Seuss
at The Strong® Museum
March 4 & 5
Get Silly with Dr. Seuss at The Strong museum on Saturday, March 4 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sunday, March 5 from 1 to 4 p.m. Meet and pose for photos with the Thing 1 and Thing 2, and delight in activities inspired by the beloved author’s tales:
- Delight in music from Seussical Jr. presented by Thomas Armstrong Middle School. Join Horton the Elephant as he goes on a journey to save the mayor’s son. Mr. and Mrs. Mayor, Horton’s neighbor Gertrude McFuzz, and the rest of Whoville try to help Horton during his quest.
- Search for red and blue fish, play Hop on Pop hopscotch, take a journey with the feet from The Foot Book, and enjoy physical and brain games inspired by the classic stories.
- Travel through the pages of David Soman's Three Bears in a Boat with a story walk, an interactive way to exercise your brain and your body. Follow the story, then complete physical activities to move forward in the book’s plot.
- Celebrate your favorite word by writing it in a creative design that can be displayed in a framed gallery.
- Craft a miniature book from a single sheet of paper and come up with poems and stories to fill the pages.
Getting Silly with Dr. Seuss is being held in conjunction with Dr. Seuss’s birthday and National Education Association’s Read Across America Day (March 2). All Getting Silly with Dr. Seuss activities are included with general museum admission fees. Programs underwritten in part by Delta Air Lines, the official airline of The Strong.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. The museum closes at 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 4.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $14.50, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $4 for members, $5 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.