Fit Kids Day at The Strong March 21
February 27, 2015
For Immediate Release
Fit Kids Day
at The Strong Museum
Jump, run, or slide into The Strong museum for Fit Kids Day on Saturday, March 21 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and experience a day filled with fitness fun, including interactive activities, healthy snack tastings, and more.
Throughout Fit Kids Day:
- Participate in fitness workshops including a form clinic, dynamic stretching, and more led by employees from Fleet Feet Rochester.
- Practice foot skills, strengthen cardio endurance, and perfect your aim in the Let’s Move! Sport Zone. Improve agility and coordination through play with hula hoops and sports balls.
- Learn healthy living tips from members of the Be a Healthy Hero Street Team, learn how to turn plastic grocery bags into a jump rope, climb a rock wall, and more.
- Get snowboarding tips from experts from Bristol Mountain Winter Resort. Bristol Mountain has 34 slopes and over 138 acres of total skiable terrain.
- Discover great walking trails in your neighborhood and learn about the Wegmans Passport to Family Wellness program. Then enjoy a healthy snack courtesy of Wegmans.
- Meet Randi Minetor, local author of Best Easy Day Hikes Rochester, New York, and learn about the best outdoor walks for your family in the Rochester area. Then check out some natural treasures she has discovered on her hikes.
- Aim for the target at an inflatable football toss game and enjoy product samples courtesy of Intense Milk.
- Flex your intellectual muscles during interactive story times at noon and 2 p.m.
- Sign the Let’s Move! 5th anniversary card and pledge to keep your muscles moving a little bit each day.
The Strong will also be providing access to hundreds of underserved kids from six area schools and several local community organizations thanks to support from the Max and Marian Farash Charitable Foundation, MVP Health Care, and Intense Milk. All Fit Kids Day activities are included with general museum admission fees. Fit Kids Day is presented in cooperation with the Lets Move! Museum and Gardens initiative.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13.50, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.