Columbus Day Castle Play at The Strong
September 16, 2014
For Immediate Release
Columbus Day Castle Play
at The Strong Museum
Construct a magical kingdom using gigantic castle blocks during Columbus Day Castle Play at The Strong® museum Friday, October 10 through Monday, October 13. Stack sky-high towers, arches, and other castle pieces to create a fortress or palace fit for a king and queen! Also during Columbus Day Castle Play:
- Don a royal cape and transform into a prince, princess, or other royal character.
- Head to the stables to “feed” and groom a regal steed.
- Create a miniature paper castle to take home.
- Enact a story of adventure and fantasy with royal court puppets, including a king, queen, and royal subjects of the castle.
- Explore the LEGO® Castle Adventure exhibit. Marvel at castle sculptures made entirely from LEGO® bricks and create your own castle masterpiece. Train like a knight in the jousting field, construct a virtual castle wall using 3-D computer technology, and admire royal furnishings including a decorative suit of armor—made entirely out of LEGO bricks.
Columbus Day Castle Play activities are included with general museum admission fees. Castle blocks and other materials generously provided by HearthSong®.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13.50, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.