Updated: September 3, 2020
The Strong® Museum Exhibits Calendar
Big League Fun (September 26, 2020–January 10, 2021)
Learn about the science and math concepts behind the game with engaging hands-on activities for all ages. Give play-by-play based on real game clips, create your own baseball card, interview players and fans using green-screen technology, test your baseball knowledge with trivia questions, and more. Exhibit developed by the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum in cooperation with and the express permission of Major League Baseball Properties, Inc.
About The Strong
The Strong is the only collections-based museum in the world devoted solely to play. It is home to the International Center for the History of Electronic Games, the National Toy Hall of Fame, the World Video Game Hall of Fame, the Brian Sutton-Smith Library & Archives of Play, the Woodbury School, and the American Journal of Play and houses the world’s largest and most comprehensive collection of historical materials related to play.
Known widely as the nation’s museum of play, The Strong blends the best features of both history museums (extensive collections) and children’s museums (high interactivity) to explore the ways in which play encourages learning, creativity, and discovery and illuminates cultural history.
Facts about The Strong:
- Holds the world’s largest and most comprehensive collection of toys, dolls, games, electronic games, and other historical materials related to play—more than 500,000 items
- Is the largest cultural attraction in all of Western New York
- Occupies a 285,000-square-foot facility on 13.5 acres
- Provides more than 100,000 square-feet of dynamic, hands-on exhibits and displays of artifacts of play
- Is home to upstate New York’s only year-round, indoor butterfly garden
- Named the number one family travel destination in the nation by FamilyFun magazine readers
For more information about the museum, please visit museumofplay.org. Public programs underwritten in part by Delta Air Lines, the official airline of The Strong.
Museum Hours: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. daily. The Strong museum is open 364 days a year. The museum is closed on November 26 (Thanksgiving Day) and December 25 (Christmas Day). The museum will open at noon on January 1 (New Years Day).
Admission Fees: (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden): age 2 and older $16, under age 2 free, members free. Fees subject to change.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $4 for members, $5 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Fees subject to change.