In The Strong’s Field of Play exhibit senses are delighted by interactive and creative-play activities, and hundreds of fascinating artifacts that illustrate the six major elements of play: anticipation, surprise, pleasure, understanding, strength, and poise.
Start with a three-screen multimedia presentation about the importance of play in human learning and creativity, then go hands-on in this one-of-a-kind play laboratory.
- Walk through a giant kaleidoscope and create and view your own kaleidoscope patterns.
- Change your image into colorful LEGO-like bricks with Body Scrub, an art installation created by Kurosh ValaNejad at the USC Game Innovation Lab.
- Use pulleys to power a gigantic overhead ball machine.
- “Drive” a drag racer.
- Lose all sense of proportion in the exaggerated perspective room.
- Climb a rock wall.
- Relax in the Jellyfish Jungle.
Field of Play is produced by The Strong.