Explore the game-changing series Age of Empires in the Suzanne & Tony Goodman Gallery. Celebrate the art, music, settings, and gameplay of Age of Empires, and learn how the creators reimagined the rise of civilizations as a compelling strategy game that allowed players to grow populations, gather resources, develop technologies, and conquer rivals.
- Learn about the history of the game’s maker, Ensemble Studios, founded by Tony Goodman in 1995.
- View a moving display showcasing the four major versions of the game.
- Sit on a throne next to a giant sword and take a picture.
- Play a version of the original Age of Empires and create your own empires.
- View a gallery of paintings based on the franchise and concept art from its development.
- Learn how the creators combined history with gameplay in interpretive panels and displays.
- Marvel at unique artifacts, including a leather jacket created for Bill Gates (Microsoft originally published the game) to celebrate the game becoming the company’s best-selling title.
Age of Empires is on view in the Suzanne & Tony Goodman Gallery.