Gaming for All: A Women in Games Celebration
Join The Strong National Museum of Play and Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) for a special evening of big-kid fun to celebrate and share the contributions of women, people of color, disabled people, the LGBTQIA+ community, and other under-represented groups to the world of video games!
At 6:15 p.m., gather in the Paychex Theater for micro presentations and a panel discussion with trailblazers from the video game industry.
- Patricia Vance, President of the Entertainment Software Rating Board
- Laila Shabir, CEO and Founder of Girls Make Games
- Lela McNeil, Twitch affiliate streamer, Gaming Video Content Creator/ Ambassador @ The GameHERS LLC/ Stream Team Member & Social Media Director @ The Athena Alliance CLT LLC/ Founder and Executive Director @ Angels Play LLC
- Elizabeth Del Valle, Marketing Lead, YouTube Creator Marketing
- Frances Jensen, video game lawyer, counsel in the Interactive Entertainment Group at Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz
The event also includes:
- Explore the entire museum including the new ESL Digital Worlds, Age of Empires, and World Video Game Hall of Fame exhibits.
- Complimentary ‘gamer’ snacks and nonalcoholic beverages
- A chance to meet local game developers and try out their games presented by ROC Game Dev
- Live video-game-themed music from Glitch
- Exclusive offering of playable video games created and/or inspired by people of color, the LGBTQIA+ community, and other underrepresented groups
- Explore The Strong’s all new ESL Digital Worlds exhibits, the new home of our Women in Games exhibit
Tickets are $20. Seating is limited. Tickets are nonrefundable.