The Strong Play Makers Leadership Council is a diverse and inclusive group of ambassadors who support the museum’s fundraising goals and promote play in the lives of people of all ages, both at The Strong and within their communities.
The Strong Play Makers Leadership Council is an associate board that supplies members with the opportunity to develop their professional skills and support the institution. In turn, the institution can cultivate the next generation of donors and trustees. Please note that membership does not guarantee membership on the Board of Trustees or other museum committees. Council recruitment strategy emphasizes diversity and inclusion.
Play Maker Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as advocates and ambassadors for The Strong and the power of play.
- Organize, plan, and promote small-scale events to support The Strong’s mission and strategic goals such as pop-up play opportunities at their business or others, game night, tabling at events, or other opportunities.
- Count The Strong among their top philanthropic priorities with a $1,000 minimum give or get annually. This can be from a combination of sources including silent auction donations and event proceeds.
- Participate in current and future campaigns for The Strong.
- Attend at least four meetings annually, either in-person or via teleconference.
- Serve a minimum one-year term.
- Promote The Strong and its programs through personal social media.
- Participate in a minimum of two museum events annually.
- Identify and recruit new members for the council.
Interested in learning more? Contact InstitutionalAdvancement@museumofplay.org.
Check out photos from past Play Makers Leadership Council sponsored events.