Experience the new, cutting-edge Toy Halls of Fame exhibit and discover five themed areas—imagine, create, build, move, and compete—where guests go hands-on with the toys beloved by generations. Displays featuring The Strong’s National Toy Hall of Fame inductees pair with displays featuring toy industry luminaries recognized by the Toy Association's Toy Industry Hall of Fame.
- Climb the dramatic exhibit staircase and view a gallery of 21 portraits of classic toys, some that move and interact with guests in humorous ways.
- Marvel at a digital Jack-in-the-Box that displays animated favorite toy characters.
- Step up to a 20-foot bubble tower and create virtual bubbles that can be moved and popped by motion-capture technology.
- Orchestrate a dazzling music and light show with the Crayon Piano.
- Use Kinect motion control to play with classic toys and Crayon easels in a 24-foot virtual play room.
- Use cranks, pulleys, and cords to interact with a 20-foot-tall kinetic toy sculpture made up of building blocks, balls, a toy car race track, and more.
- Pose in front of an oversized Etch a Sketch for a virtual portrait that can be shared with friends and family.
- Learn about the toys in the National Toy Hall of Fame and luminaries in the Toy Industry Hall of Fame at two 10-foot kiosks featuring touch screen monitors with in-depth biographical background information about each inductee.
The Toy Halls of Fame is produced by The Strong in cooperation with the Toy Association.
This project is supported by New York State's Empire State Development and the I ♥ NY Division of Tourism under Governor Andrew Cuomo's Regional Economic Development Council Initiative.
Additional grant funding provided by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Made possible in part by:
Neil B. Friedman
Funrise Toy Corporation
Hasbro Children’s Fund, Inc.
The Hassenfeld Foundation
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc.
Tom & Karen Kalinske
LEGO Systems Inc.
Mattel Children’s Foundation
Pressman Toy Corporation
Radio Flyer Inc.