Opens September 17
Experience the new, cutting-edge Toy Halls of Fame exhibit and discover five themed areas—imagine, create, build, move, and compete—where guests go hands-on with the toys beloved by generations. Displays featuring The Strong’s National Toy Hall of Fame inductees pair with displays featuring toy industry luminaries recognized by the Toy Industry of America’s Toy Industry Hall of Fame.
- Climb the dramatic exhibit staircase and view a gallery of animated portraits of classic toys.
- Marvel at a digital Jack-in-the-Box that displays animated favorite toy characters.
- Create and interact with bubbles made by a 20-foot virtual bubble machine
- Use Kinect motion control to play with classic toys and Crayon easels in a 24-foot virtual play room.
- Use cranks, pulleys, and cords to interact with an oversized kinetic toy sculpture made up of building blocks, balls, a toy car race track, and more.
- Aim an air canon to manipulate a 20-foot mobile hanging over the atrium and featuring toy images.
- Learn about the toys in the National Toy Hall of Fame and luminaries in the Toy Industry Hall of Fame at two 10-foot kiosks featuring touch screen monitors with in-depth biographical background information about each inductee.
The Toy Halls of Fame Gallery is produced by The Strong in cooperation with the Toy Industry Association.
This project is supported by New York State's Empire State Development and the I ♥ NY Division of Tourism under Governor Andrew Cuomo's Regional Economic Development Council Initiative.
Additional grant funding provided by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Made possible in part by:
Neil B. Friedman
Funrise Toy Corporation
Hasbro Children’s Fund, Inc.
The Hassenfeld Foundation
LeapFrog Enterprises Inc.
LEGO Systems Inc.
Mattel Children’s Foundation
Pressman Toy Corporation
Radio Flyer Inc.