Winter 2013 Literature Live Series at National Museum of Play
December 5, 2012
For Immediate Release
The National Museum of Play® at The Strong®
Announces the Winter 2013 Literature Live Schedule
The National Museum of Play at The Strong announces the winter 2013 schedule for Literature Live. The continuing series invites guests to meet, greet, and pose for photos with beloved literary characters as they leap out of the pages of favorite storybooks and into museum galleries on select Saturdays
from 11 a.m.–5 p.m. and Sundays from 1–5 p.m.
On the Literature Live winter schedule:
- January 12 & 13: Meet Mama Bear from the Berenstain Bears books.
- January 26 & 27: Meet Pat the Bunny, the lovable rabbit.
- February 2 & 3: Meet Clifford the Big Red Dog and help celebrate his 50th birthday. Enjoy special story readings, view episodes of Clifford the Big Red Dog, and make a birthday card. Presented in cooperation with WXXI.
- March 9 & 10: Meet Sister Bear from the Berenstain Bears books.
- March 16 & 17 Meet Mouse from If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.
- March 23 & 24: Meet Martha the Talking Dog from the PBS series.
Continue the experience at home when you check out a book from the Literature Live story cart. Children’s books, at all reading levels, can also be found throughout the museum in book nooks housed among the exhibits. Books may be returned to the museum or to any Monroe County Library System branch. Don’t have a Monroe County library card? Area residents can apply for one at the museum’s Grada Hopeman Gelser Library (a mini-branch of the Rochester Public Library and part of the Monroe County Library System).
All Literature Live programs are included with general museum admission fees.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.