Superheroes Weekend at National Museum of Play Feb. 9 & 10
January 11, 2013
For Immediate Release
Meet Spider-Man (February 9) and
Captain America (February 10)
During Superheroes Weekend
at the National Museum of Play®
Marvel Comic’s official superheroes zoom in to meet museum guests and pose for pictures at the National Museum of Play at The Strong® during Superheroes Weekend Saturday, February 9 and Sunday, February 10. Do-gooders unite for a weekend of crime-fighting fun that includes character meet and greets, how-to-draw workshops with comic book experts, and a variety of
Special Saturday & Sunday appearances:
- Saturday, February 9: Spider-Man spins his special brand of excitement at appearances from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 3 to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, February 10: Captain America muscles in to meet museum guests from
noon to 5 p.m.
And all weekend long:
- Visit with PBS Kids’ Princess Presto and Super Why! when they meet and greet fans on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 4 p.m.
Attend how-to-draw sessions with comic book experts on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
- Comic book artists share drawing and writing tips, display art, and sign autographs. Among those on hand will be Michael Borkowski, who has worked on many animated series, including Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dragon Tales, and Scooby Doo; Chris Pallace, co-creator of the iPad app Numbers League, a software version of the award-winning card game; Will Perkins, co-creator and artist of the comic Beware ); Ken Wheaton, comic book illustration instructor and professional inker for The Simpsons; and comic book creator Stephen Lindsay.
- Take on your own superhero persona when you create a hero cape and mask.
- And don’t miss the exhibit American Comic Book Heroes: The Battle of Good vs. Evil. Climb up the side of a skyscraper, test your skills at Super Powers School, and enjoy superhero dress-up and role-playing.
All Superheroes Weekend activities are included with general admission fees.
(TM & (C) Marvel and Subs.)
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.