In Another Galaxy November 14 & 15
October 23, 2015
For Immediate Release
In Another Galaxy Weekend
at The Strong Museum
November 14 & 15
Use the force and transport the family to In Another Galaxy Weekend at The Strong® museum on Saturday, November 14 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, November 15 from 1 to 4 p.m. Come dressed as your favorite science-fiction character and journey to another universe.
The blockbuster sci-fi event returns by popular demand. Become part of the saga as actors from the 501st Legion (Vader’s Fist) and Rebel Legion stroll through the museum in full Star Wars regalia, mingle with guests, and pose for pictures. And new this year, meet Jack Wang, co-creator of the Star Wars Epic Yarns book series. View original artwork—including needle-felted characters and props. Chat with Jack Wang about his artistic process, including needle felting, making scale models and sets, photography, and more.
A cosmos of other intergalactic activities await:
- Check out robots built by the R2-D2 Builders Club.
- Meet the Rochester Ghostbusters,
- Stop the bad guys at the blaster range using Nerf toys.
- See Star Wars and Star Trek giant toothpick creations by Guinness World Record holder Stan Munro of Toothpick World.
- View artist Dave Pollot’s unique parody paintings of Futurama, Zelda, Doctor Who, and others.
- Test your skills on sci-fi arcade games, including Tron, and pinball machines, including Star Trek and others.
- Mix and match sci-fi outfits in the Other Worlds dress-up zone.
- View science-fiction artifacts—including action figures and spaceships—from the museum’s collections.
- Transform Mr. Potato Head into Darth Tater or Artoo Potatoo.
- Visit with paranormal investigators from RIP of NY.
- Make a sci-fi puppet inspired by Star Wars, Star Trek, or Doctor Who.
All In Another Galaxy activities are included with general museum admission fees.
In Another Galaxy Weekend is not sponsored or endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. or Walt Disney Studios. Sponsored by City Newspaper.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13.50, under age 2 free, members free. (Note: After November 1, general admission fees change to $14.)
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.