Fairy House Magic at The Strong June 7 & 8
May 12, 2014
For Immediate Release
Fairy House Magic
at The Strong Museum
June 7 & 8
Flutter in for Fairy House Magic at The Strong® museum on Saturday, June 7 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, June 8 from 1 to 4 p.m. Explore the mysterious miniature world of fairies, create magical dwellings, meet a woodland fairy, and more. All weekend long:
- Listen as Fairy Houses author and illustrator, Tracy Kane, reads stories from her books and shares tips for making fairy houses on Saturday and Sunday at 2:30 p.m.
- Meet and pose for photos with Tracy Kane on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 3:30 to 4 p.m. and on Sunday from 1 to 2 p.m. and 3:30 to 4 p.m.
- Make a fairy dwelling to take home using recycled and natural materials including stones, bark, twigs, and more.
- Enjoy musical performances from the Hochstein Scholarship Flute Choir on Saturday at 1 p.m. and the Hochstein Little Singers on Sunday at 1 p.m.
- Dance with a woodland fairy and get sprinkled with fairy dust for some good luck!
- Try on a pair of wings and transform into a fairy, woodland sprite, or magical creature.
- View a colorful display of clothespin fairies created by artist Kelly Cheatle.
- Play with whimsical building blocks and fantasy-themed puppets including unicorns, dragons, and pixies.
- See original fairy houses by artists Chris Pallace and Kevin Serwacki and learn about their creative process.
Presented in conjunction with the Fairy Houses Tour at the 46th Annual Corn Hill Arts Festival.
All Fairy House Magic activities are included with general admission fees.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13.50, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.