In Another Galaxy Weekend November 16 & 17
October 21, 2013
For Immediate Release
In Another Galaxy Weekend
at the National Museum of Play®
November 16 & 17
Come dressed as one of your favorite science-fiction characters and be swept up in a weekend of epic proportions during In Another Galaxy at the National Museum of Play at The Strong® on Saturday, November 16 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, November 17 from 1 to 4 p.m. The blockbuster sci-fi event returns by popular demand with some new twists.
A cosmos of other intergalactic activities await:
- See robots built by the R2-D2 Builders Club and meet Sunnking’s recycling robot, eBot.
- Learn about UFOS from The Rochester UFO Group and meet Richard Dolan, one of the world's leading UFO researchers.
- Be amazed by spacecrafts built out of surprising materials such as toothpicks
and cardboard—including an X-Wing fighter more than four feet long!
- Mix and match sci-fi outfits in the Other Worlds dress-up zone.
- Become a work of art with oversized, mechanical steampunk wings. On Sunday only, join Professor Verdigris Wetware for a special steampunk “tea” party!
- Stop the bad guys at the blaster range and play with remote-controlled vehicles.
- View science-fiction artifacts—including action figures and space ships—from the museum’s renowned collections.
- Check out Star Wars and Transformers pop-up books by bestselling author and illustrator Matthew Reinhart.
- Try your hand at making your own pop-up book page.
- Play Tron, Asteroids, and other vintage science-fiction arcade games.
- Transform Mr. Potato Head into Darth Tater or Artoo Potatoo and get a temporary tattoo at the Tatooine Tattoo Shop.
- Enjoy brain teasers and puzzles from the Imperial Cadet Training Manual and the Rebel Legion Activity Book.
- Check out bugs and critters to see how they inspire alien creatures on far-off planets.
All activities are included with general museum admission fees.
Note: In Another Galaxy Weekend is a program of the National Museum of Play at The Strong and is not sponsored or endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd. Photo by Steve Stotzfus. Courtesy of Fly Magazine (c) 2007.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13.50, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.