Trains Weekend at the National Museum of Play September 17 and 18
August 16, 2011
For Immediate Release
Trains Weekend at the National Museum of Play®
September 17 and 18
Chug over to The Strong’s National Museum of Play for Trains Weekend on Saturday, September 17 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, September 18 from noon to 4 p.m.
Little engineers will enjoy train displays, crafts, and family activities daily.
- Marvel at elaborate train layouts by the Genesee-N-Ontario N-gineers, Rochester Area S-Gaugers, Flower City Tinplate Trackers, and both the Rochester Model Railroad and Edgerton Model Railroad clubs.
- Little conductors receive one FREE ride on The Strong Express Train or Elaine Wilson Carousel.
- Check out the Lionel trains in the National Toy Hall of Fame® and play with the train set in the U.S. of Play display.
- Learn about train safety from Operation Lifesaver.
- Make an engineer’s hat craft.
All weekend activities are included with general museum admission fees.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to
8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
Admission Fees: General admission (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): Adults $12, Seniors $11, Children (2–15) $10, Children younger than two free, Museum members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General admission fee plus $2 for members; $4 for nonmembers; children under 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only. Please call 585-263-2700 to reserve and purchase tickets.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.