Meet Dora and Diego November 10 and 11
October 15, 2012
For Immediate Release
Meet Dora and Diego! at Animal Adventure Weekend
November 10 & 11
at the National Museum of Play®
¡Vámonos! Meet Dora and Diego at the National Museum of Play at The Strong during Animal Adventure Weekend on Saturday, November 10 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, November 11 from 1 to 4 p.m. The famous duo from Nickelodeon’s hit preschool series Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go! pay a visit to The Strong in conjunction with the new Dora & Diego—Let’s Explore!exhibit currently on view. On the weekend schedule:
- Meet, greet, and pose for pictures with Dora and Diego at appearances throughout the weekend.
- Gather around writer, storyteller, and performance artist Annette Ramos for interactive stories on Saturday at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 and 3 p.m. and Sunday at 1:30 and 3 p.m. Learn a few words in Spanish and hear about animals in the only U.S. rainforest, El Yunque, in Puerto Rico. Since moving from Los Angeles several years ago, Ramos has become a leading Hispanic artistic presence in the Rochester area, receiving a 2004 Special Recognition Award from the Rochester City School District and a 2004 Teacher of Youth Award from Writers & Books.
- Diego loves to rescue animals! Visit with dogs from Greyhound Adoption on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Lollypop Farm’s Pet Assisted Therapy on Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Create a menagerie of origami animals such as jumping frogs and cats.
- Stop by the play zone to monkey around with animal puppets, binoculars, compasses, and other cool explorer gadgets.
Experience the delightful world of Dora and Diego when you visit the new Dora & Diego—Let’s Explore! exhibit based on Nickelodeon’s hit preschool series Dora the Explorer and Go Diego, Go! Join the Pirate Piggies’ crew, visit the Animal Rescue Center, get active in the Rainforest Maze, explore a home on the Purple Planet, and much more. The exhibit remains at the National Museum of Play through January 6, 2013.
All weekend activities are included with general museum admission fees.
Produced by The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis in cooperation with Nickelodeon, the Dora & Diego: Let’s Explore! exhibit is presented by the WellPoint Foundation. © 2012 Viacom International Inc. All rights reserved. Nickelodeon, Dora the Explorer, Go Diego, Go! and all related titles, logos, and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc. Made possible in Rochester by MVP Health Care.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.