December School-Break Week at National Museum of Play
December 6, 2011
For Immediate Release
Let’s Move School-Break Week at the National Museum of Play®
December 26 through January 1
(Don't miss Football:The Exhibit—on view
only through January 8!)
Note to Calendar Editors: The museum closes at 4 p.m. on Saturday, December 24 (Christmas Eve) and on Saturday, December 31 (News Year’s Eve). The museum will be closed on December 25 (Christmas Day).
Run, jump, or skip over to the National Museum of Play at The Strong® during Let’s Move School-Break Week from Monday, December 26, 2011, to Sunday, January 1, 2012. Pick up a Let’s Move! Activity Guide at the museum’s admission desk and move your way through a variety of physical challenges amid the interactive exhibits. Play a game of hopscotch on the Sesame Street playground, challenge friends to dodgeball on the eGameRevolution Lightspace floor, or move to the beat on Dance Dance Revolution in
the Field of Play.
Then get your body moving in Football: The Exhibit, open only through January 8, 2012. Giant airbrushed paintings of players in action lead the way into game zones. Guests learn key concepts including collisions, peripheral vision, reaction times, trajectories, and balance:
- Test your strength and accuracy skills in the Passing Cage.
- See if you can match the speed of an NFL running back as you race the lights on the Sprint Track.
- Discover the key to throwing a perfect pass with the Bicycle Wheel Gyroscope.
- Take the Grip Test and compare your grip strength to those of professional football players.
- See how quickly you respond to sound and light stimulus with the Double Reaction Timer.
- Perform awesome collision experiments on the Momentum Track.
- Operate the Arm Muscle Model to see how muscles work.
- Take a Balance Test and see if you can maintain your equilibrium on a balance board.
Bring your camera and photograph the kids as they stand behind one of the giant painted cut-out boards of players in action. They’ll look just like they are stepping out on the gridiron!
Football: The Exhibit is a traveling exhibit organized by the Arkansas Museum of Discovery.
All Let’s Move School-Break Week activities are included with general admission fees.
Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
Admission Fees: General admission (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): Adults $13, Seniors $12, Children (2–15) $11, Children younger than two free, Museum members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General admission fee plus $2 for members; $4 for nonmembers; children under 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only..
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.