In Another Galaxy on November 16 and 17
October 22, 2019
For Immediate Release
In Another Galaxy
at The Strong® Museum
November 16 & 17
Celebrate science-fiction characters when you transport the family to In Another Galaxy at The Strong museum on Saturday, November 16 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, November 17 from 1 to 4 p.m. Come dressed in your favorite sci-fi costume and journey to another universe.
- Meet costumed actors from the 501st Legion (Vader’s Fist) and Rebel Legion.
- Check out robots built by the R2-D2 Builders Club.
- Craft your own robot, spacecraft, or lightsaber.
- Stop the bad guys on the Nerf Blaster Range.
- Try your hand at vintage science-fiction arcade games in the eGameRevolution and Pinball Playfields exhibits.
- Check out sci-fi books featured throughout the museum using your Monroe County Library System card.
- Stop by the museum shop to pick up toys, games, and costumes themed around favorite science-fiction stories.
In Another Galaxy is included with general museum admission fees. In Another Galaxy is not sponsored or endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd or Walt Disney Studios. Programs underwritten by Delta Air Lines, the official airline of The Strong.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $16, under age 2 free, members free. Fees subject to change.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $4 for members, $5 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only. Fees subject to change.
Parking: Limited parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis in the museum’s parking garage. Parking in the garage is free through January 2, 2020. The garage can be accessed from Howell Street on the south side of the museum. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.