Storybook Summer at The Strong Museum Weekdays July 8 through August 30
June 11, 2019
For Immediate Release
at The Strong® Museum
Weekdays July 8–August 30
Spend the summer with your favorite literary characters during Storybook Summer at The Strong museum on weekdays, July 8 through August 30, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Listen to story readings at 1 and 2 p.m., take pictures with featured characters, and enjoy different themed activities each week:
- July 8–12: How Do Dinosaurs…? Meet the Dinosaur from Jane Yolen’s popular book series, recreate story scenes with toy dinosaurs, and make a dinosaur headband and feet.
- July 15–19: Cookie Mouse. Cozy up for a picture with the mouse featured in If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, vote for your favorite cookie flavor, play Cookie Toss, and build a house for a mouse.
- July 22–26: Pete the Cat. Meet Pete the Cat, match Pete’s groovy buttons, and do the Cool Cat Boogie.
- July 29–August 2: Skippyjon Jones. Take pictures with Skippyjon Jones, create a mask to transform into the imaginative cat, and enjoy music and dance at a lively fiesta.
- August 5–9: Fly Guy. Spend the day with Fly Guy, create your own Fly Guy friend, and buzz around the Fly Guy Fun Zone.
- August 12–16: Biscuit. Pose for pictures with the lovable puppy Biscuit. Take a plush dog on a walk and design a perfect puppy to adopt.
- August 19–23: Wild Things. Roar with a monster from Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak, journey through the Wild Thing Jungle, and create a crown just like Max.
- August 26–30: Berenstain Bears. Complete your summer by meeting a Berenstain Bear. Dress-up with bear ears and help the Bear family find their missing honey.
All Storybook Summer activities are included with general museum admission fees. Programs underwritten in part by Delta Air Lines, the official airline of The Strong. Biscuit text copyright © 2012 by Alyssa Satin Capucilli, illustrations copyright © 2012 by Pat Schories.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $16, under age 2 free, members free. Fees subject to change.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $4 for members, $5 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Fees subject to change.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.