Under the Sea Weekend January 24 & 25
December 22, 2014
For Immediate Release
Dive into Under the Sea Weekend
at The Strong Museum
January 24 & 25
Get out of the cold and dive into Under the Sea Weekend at The Strong museum on Saturday, January 24 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, January 25 from 1 to 4 p.m. Jump in for an ocean of adventure that includes character meet and greets, crafts, music, and more.
- Swim with mermaids, but keep an eye out for the Creature from the Black Lagoon!
- Meet the Pout-Pout Fish and enjoy story readings of The Pout-Pout Fish and Pout-Pout Fish and the Big, Big Dark.
- Get into the island spirit and groove to the sounds of steel drums by members of Alfred St. John’s Trinidad and Tobago Steel band, and learn more about their unique instruments.
- Meet real underwater explorers from Shipwreck World. Check out their gear—including sonar scanner and remote-operated vehicle—and discover what it takes to uncover sunken treasure!
- Dig in and search for shells at the Kinetic Sand indoor beach.
- Create a life-sized drawing of yourself as a fanciful mermaid or sea creature; and make a delightful paper jellyfish, crab, or sea turtle to take home.
All Under the Sea activities are included with general museum admission. Materials for the Kinetic Sand beach generously provided by Spin Master.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13.50, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.