The Strong’s learning experiences are designed with the following principles in mind:
- Learners develop concepts and skills through meaningful play.
- Play supports physical, emotional, cognitive, and social development.
- Learners should be active participants in guiding their own learning.
- Each learner is unique, with individual learning preferences and styles.
- Learning is easier when learners make connections between their experience and new information.
- Teachers aid learning when they support inquiry.
- Learning happens best in a stimulating, inviting, and nurturing environment.
All educational experiences provided by the museum use the power of play to enhance learning.