You’re never too big for this much fun! With more than 150,000 square feet of dynamic interactive exhibit space; the world’s largest collection of toys, dolls, games, and other items that celebrate play; a wide range of programs and activities; and family-friendly amenities, the National Museum of Play® provides educational, entertaining, and unforgettable intergenerational fun.
Spend a few hours or an entire day!
The National Museum of Play is recognized as one of the nation’s most engaging museums for families and children:
- Stroll among the butterflies in Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden or take a walk through the outdoor Discovery Garden.
- Step onto Sesame Street, journey Down a Sunny Dirt Road with the Berenstain Bears®, and follow the Yellow Brick Road into Reading Adventureland—a life-size pop-up book.
- Grab a cape and leap into the world of American Comic Book Heroes, shop until you drop at Wegmans Super Kids Market, and challenge your perspective on play at the Field of Play.
- Sing, dance, explore, create, and discover at programs and events designed by museum educators.
- Discover the thousands of playthings on display from the museum’s world-class collections, including the iconic toys of the National Toy Hall of Fame.
- Marvel at a 1,700-gallon coral reef aquarium—one of the largest living aquarium reefs in the Northeast.
- Hop aboard the Strong Express Train or take a spin on the Elaine Wilson Carousel.
- Check out a book or get your first library card at the Grada Hopeman Gelser Library desk.