Thousands of objects from The Strong’s world-renowned collection of play-related artifacts are on view on the second floor of the National Museum of Play®. A favorite of young and young-at-heart alike, these displays of playthings and pastimes reflect and illuminate American culture and pay homage to one of Americans’ favorite pastimes—collecting!
Be sure to allow enough time to rediscover your favorite childhood toys—whatever your age!
- Thousands of dolls, doll houses, and miniature rooms.
- Electronic games and toys that combine digital and traditional play.
- A world of transportation toys—ships, planes, trains, and automobiles.
- Teddy bears and stuffed animals, from classic Steiff bears to Beanie Babies and beyond.
- Dozens of mechanical dolls and toys, including carousels, Ferris wheels, and horseback riders.
- Toys by the decade—groupings of toys starting with the 1950s and continuing to the present.
- Artifacts from favorite pastimes such as cooking, woodworking, and more.
Also on view is a special display commemorating recent recipients of the prestigious Toy and Game Inventor Awards.
Produced by The Strong®.