Take a Virtual Tour ►
The magic of literature comes to life in Reading Adventureland at the National Museum of Play® at The Strong. The artifact-rich, life-size pop-up book invites guests to laugh, play, learn, and READ!
Follow the Yellow Brick Road into five literary landscapes inspired by children’s books.
- Become a sleuth and solve riddles in the Mystery Mansion.
- Play with silly words and rhymes in the Upside-Down Nonsense House.
- Explore a shipwreck and caves in Adventure Island.
- Come face to face with famous fairy tale characters and settings in Fairy Tale Forest.
- Delve into the magic of fantasy in the Wizard’s Workshop.
Each area is a complete and fully-engaging environment in its own right and includes related books that can be read on site or checked out at the museum’s Grada Hopeman Gelser Library desk, a mini-branch of the Rochester Public Library System.
Produced by The Strong®.