Take a Virtual Tour ►
From the dawn of Pong to today’s hot gamer trends, eGameRevolution, an original, highly interactive exhibit produced by The International Center for the History of Electronic Games (ICHEG) at The Strong, lets every generation play its way through the history of video games.
- Grab an oversized joystick and play Giant Tetris—the only machine of its kind available for play in all of North America—or gobble up opponents on Pac-Man Battle Royale, the first 4-player Pac-Man game.
- Enter a recreated video arcade and play nearly 4 dozen historic video games*.
- Challenge friends on classic console and PC games such as Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Mario 64, SimCity, and King's Quest.
- Play an arcade version of Guitar Hero and the latest games on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii.
- Show off your pinball powers on classic pinball machines such as TRON: Legacy and The Addams Family.
- Join in dodge ball and other games on an LED Lightspace floor.
- Create artwork on a gigantic Lite Brite-like pixel wall.
- See rare and unique artifacts like Computer Space and a Nintendo NES gray cartridge, and view notes and drawings from legendary game inventors such as Will Wright, Ralph Baer, Don Daglow, and others.
- Discover how video games changed the way people play, learn, and relate to each other.
- Learn how electronic games evolved from other forms of play.
- Explore the big controversies surrounding video games.
*While many of the games in eGameRevolution are free of charge, arcade video games require purchased tokens. Money collected from the sale of tokens is used to keep these original artifacts running for future generations.
Produced by The Strong's International Center for the History of Electronic Games.