Royal Ball at The Strong Museum February 10 & 11
January 10, 2018
For Immediate Release
at The Strong® Museum
February 10 & 11
Sound the trumpets! Come dressed in regal attire for the Royal Ball at The Strong museum on Saturday, February 10 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, February 11 from 1 to 4 p.m. Meet Her Majesty the Queen and travel to a land from long ago for a weekend of live music, pageantry, and dance:
- Enjoy sprightly tunes and soaring melodies from Nonsuch Early Music Ensemble. (Nonsuch is composed of Mitzie Collins on hammered dulcimer and percussion instruments; John Heyer on the hurdy-gurdy, hammered dulcimer, and recorders; and Roxanne Ziegler on Celtic harp and small percussion instruments.)
- Use a catapult to slay a giant dragon.
- Attend a “feast” at the royal banquet table.
- Visit the Fairy Godmother to receive a special bejeweled gift.
- Complete a quest and be knighted by the Queen.
- Challenge yourself to a game of croquet with the infamous Queen of Hearts.
All Royal Ball activities are included with general museum admission fees. Programs underwritten in part by Delta Air Lines, the official airline of The Strong.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $15, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $4 for members, $5 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.