Fit Kids Day at The Strong Museum June 3
May 10, 2017
For Immediate Release
Fit Kids Day
at The Strong© Museum
Run, hop, or slide into The Strong museum for Fit Kids Day on Saturday, June 3 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Enjoy a day filled with fitness fun and learn about the long-term benefits of healthy living and staying fit:
- Practice martial arts moves with Greece Kung Fu at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 and 3:30 p.m.
- Try out fencing with the Rochester Fencing Club at 12:30 and 2:30 p.m.
- Get active in the Fit Kids Fun Zone and move your muscles with hopscotch, hula hoops, and jump ropes.
- Learn about the Wegmans Passport to Family Wellness program and enjoy a healthy snack courtesy of Wegmans.
- See how to keep your teeth healthy and strong with Eastman Dental.
- Discover the best places around town to exercise from the City of Rochester Department of Recreation and Youth Services.
- Find out where the Foodlink Curbside Market will be this summer with Finger Lakes Eat Smart NY from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Get information about the healthy foods that the Rochester Public Market has available this season.
- Grow a green thumb with Taproot Collective and learn about container gardening.
All Fit Kids Day activities are included with general museum admission fees. Programs underwritten in part by Delta Air Lines, the official airline of The Strong.
About Fit Kids Day
As part of The Strong’s commitment to promoting wellness in the community, the museum will be providing free admission to Fit Kids Day to hundreds of students from Action for a Better Community’s Head Start programs thanks to support from MVP Health Care.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $14.50, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $4 for members, $5 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.