Under the Sea Weekend at The Strong Museum January 7 & 8
December 14, 2016
For Immediate Release
Under the Sea Weekend
at The Strong® Museum
January 7 & 8
Dive in for a fun-filled weekend featuring ocean-themed activities during Under the Sea Weekend at The Strong museum Saturday, January 7, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, January 8, 2017 from 1 to 4 p.m.:
- Say hello to mermaids Tory and Katfish and learn about starfish and seashells.
- Pose for pictures with the Pout-Pout Fish from the popular book series and enjoy story readings of The Pout-Pout Fish and Pout-Pout Fish and the Big, Big Dark.
- Visit The Strong’s Rainbow Reef—a 1,700-gallon coral reef aquarium—and play an “I spy” game.
- Watch episodes of the colorful PBS Kids show Splash & Bubbles seen locally on WXXI-TV.
- Dig for buried treasure at the Kinetic Sand indoor beach.
- Try on scuba gear with staff from the Aquatic Center of Rochester.
- Create a life-sized drawing of yourself as a fanciful mermaid, pirate, or sea creature.
- Use puppets to plan out an under-the-sea adventure.
All Under the Sea Weekend activities are included with general museum admission fees. Programs underwritten in part by Delta Air Lines, the official airline of The Strong.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $14.50, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $4 for members, $5 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.