Meet Marvel’s Official Spider-Man (April 9) and Iron Man (April 10) During Superheroes Weekend
March 3, 2016
For Immediate Release
Meet Marvel’s Official Spider-Man (April 9)
and Iron Man (April 10)
During Superheroes Weekend at
The Strong Museum
Zoom in for Superheroes Weekend at The Strong® museum on Saturday, April 9 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, April 10 from noon to 5 p.m. Do-gooders unite for an exciting weekend that includes character meet and greets and a variety of heroic activities.
Meet Marvel’s official Spider-Man as he swings into the museum on Saturday, April 9 from 10:30 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. and 3:15 to 5 p.m. See Iron Man as he rockets in on Sunday, April 10 from 12:15 to 5 p.m. New this year: pose for a picture with a superhero at a designated time by picking up a free ticket in the Caterpillar Atrium the day of the event. One ticket is available per person. Tickets are available one hour prior to set appearance times while supplies last.
And all weekend long:
- Visit with PBS Kids’ popular Super Why.
- Celebrate and take photos with finalists from The Strong’s comic book costume contest.
- Receive drawing and writing tips from professional artists—including Chris Pallace and Kevin Serwacki, creators of the book series Joey and Johnny, the Ninjas—check out original comic book art, and more.
- View an engaging display of comic books spanning nearly 50 years created by Alfred University.
- Take on your own super persona when you create a hero headband.
- Learn how you can be a hero for our environment by joining forces with Larry the H2O Hero and try out the enviroscape—a miniature landscape model that shows how water flows from populated areas into surrounding bodies of water.
- Find out how you and your family can be healthy heroes! Discover the secrets to living the 5-2-1-0 lifestyle with great nutrition tips, alternatives to screen time, and physical activities that will get the entire family moving.
- Drop into the American Comic Book Heroes: The Battle of Good vs. Evil exhibit and climb up the side of a skyscraper, journey through the golden age of comic books through early comic book art, and more.
All Superheroes Weekend activities are included with general admission fees. Programs underwritten in part by Delta Air Lines, the official airline of The Strong.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $14, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.