Fit Kids Day at The Strong January 30
January 5, 2016
For Immediate Release
Fit Kids Day
at The Strong Museum
Jump, run, or slide into The Strong museum for Fit Kids Day on Saturday, January 30 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Enjoy a day filled with fitness fun, experience the joy of physical activity, and learn about the long-term benefits of healthy living and staying fit:
- Practice foot skills, strengthen cardio endurance, and perfect your aim in the Let’s Move! Sports Zone.
- Enjoy a reading of the book Snowball Fight and then participate in an interactive indoor snowball fight using tissue paper snowballs with other museum guests.
- Learn soccer tips and tricks from Wagner Soccer.
- Get snowboarding advice from experts from Bristol Mountain Winter Resort.
- Discover great walking trails in your neighborhood, learn about the Wegmans Passport to Family Wellness program, and enjoy a healthy snack courtesy of Wegmans.
- Talk with dental professionals from Roc Kids Smile about proper dental care.
- Learn healthy living tips from members of the Be a Healthy Hero Street Team.
- Enjoy free samples and activities courtesy of Intense Milk.
- Groove to the beat in DanceLab, climb a rock wall in Field of Play, and more.
All Fit Kids Day activities are included with general museum admission fees. Fit Kids Day is presented in cooperation with the Lets Move! Museum and Gardens initiative.
About Fit Kids Day
As part of The Strong’s commitment to promoting wellness in the community, the museum will be providing access to hundreds of underserved kids from five area schools and several local community organizations thanks to support from the Max and Marian Farash Charitable Foundation, Wagner Soccer, Roc Kids Smile, and Intense Milk.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $14, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.