Meet Iron Man (April 11) and Spider-Man (April 12) During Superheroes Weekend
March 18, 2015
For Immediate Release
Meet Iron Man (April 11) and Spider-Man (April 12)
During Superheroes Weekend at
The Strong Museum
Zoom in for Superheroes Weekend at The Strong® museum on Saturday, April 11 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, April 12 from 1 to 4 p.m. Do-gooders unite for an exciting weekend that includes character meet and greets, superhero training, and a variety of other heroic activities.
Meet Iron Man as he rockets into the museum on Saturday, April 11 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 3 to 6 p.m. See Spider-Man as he spins his special brand of excitement on Sunday, April 12 from noon to 5 p.m.
And all weekend long:
- Visit with PBS Kids’ WordGirl and check out episodes of the show.
- Receive drawing and writing tips from professional artists, check out original art, and more. Meet Chris Pallace, co-author of the Joey and Johnny, the Ninjas illustrated novel series and co-creator of the iPad app Numbers League, a software version of the award-winning card game; Will Perkins, co-creator and artist of Beware… comics and art director at 215ink Publishing; and Ken Wheaton, comic book illustrations instructor and professional inker for The Simpsons and the Popeye comic book series.
- Enroll in Hero Training School and improve your agility, strength, and courage by leaping over buildings, lifting giant weights, and going on rescue missions.
- View an engaging display of comic books spanning nearly 50 years created by Alfred University.
- Meet and take photos with participants from The Strong’s Comic Book Costume Contest.
- Take on your own super persona when you create a hero headband.
- Meet an EMT and see life-saving equipment used by first responders from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Learn how you can be a hero for our environment by joining forces with Larry the H2O Hero, get a free comic and temporary tattoo, and try out the enviroscape–a miniature landscape model that shows how water flows from populated areas into surrounding bodies of water.
- Find out how you and your family can be healthy heroes! Discover the secrets to living the 5-2-1-0 lifestyle with great nutrition tips, alternatives to screen time, and physical activities that will get the entire family moving.
- Drop into the American Comic Book Heroes: The Battle of Good vs. Evil exhibit and climb up the side of a skyscraper, journey through the golden age of comic books through early comic book art, and more.
All Superheroes Weekend activities are included with general admission fees.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13.50, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.