Over the Rainbow Weekend at The Strong
August 15, 2014
For Immediate Release
Over the Rainbow Weekend
at The Strong Museum
Journey to the magical world of Oz during Over the Rainbow Weekend at The Strong® on Saturday, September 13 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, September 14 from 1 to 4 p.m. Follow the Yellow Brick Road for some pint-sized fun including a meet and greet and photo opportunity with popular characters Dorothy and Scarecrow.
Also during Over the Rainbow Weekend:
- Add a personalized “brick” or colorful, construction paper flower to the 3-D Munchkinland mural.
- Pop outside and make bubbles with wands big and small (weather permitting).
- Play a game of hopscotch on the Yellow Brick Road.
- Be a good witch and make a Glinda-inspired wand to take home.
- Defeat the Wicked Witch on the Emerald City Limited Edition Wizard of Oz pinball machine.
Over the Rainbow Weekend activities are included with general museum admission fees.
Museum Hours: Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13.50, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.