Royal Ball Weekend at The Strong March 1 & 2
February 4, 2014
For Immediate Release
Shane Rhinewald, 585-410-6365, email@example.com
Royal Ball Weekend
at The Strong® Museum
March 1 & 2
Sound the trumpets! The Queen of Play requests your presence at the Royal Ball at The Strong® National Museum of Play® on Saturday, March 1 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, March 2 from 1 to 4 p.m. Come dressed in your most regal attire, meet Her Majesty, and be whisked away to a royal court for a weekend of live music, pageantry, and dancing.
On Saturday only, get caught up in the magic of Rochester Lyric Opera’s production of Oscar Wilde’s, “The Happy Prince,” a one-act opera for the whole family at 11 a.m. and 1 and 3 p.m. For more information, visit rochesterlyricopera.org.
All weekend long:
- Enjoy sprightly dance tunes and soaring melodies from Nonesuch Early Music Ensemble. Ensemble performers include Mitzie Collins on hammered dulcimer and percussion instruments; John Heyer on the hurdy-gurdy, hammered dulcimer, and recorder; and Roxanne Ziegler on Celtic harp and small percussion instruments.
- Try on real chainmail (and see how heavy it is!), enjoy a “feast” at the royal banquet table, and receive a bejeweled gift from The Fairy Godmother.
- Create your own majestic attire and adornments, including crowns, scepters, and family crests.
- Improve your hand-eye coordination with Nerf “archery” in Sherwood Forest and tend to the dragons and unicorns in the Folkmanis puppet corner.
- Stop by Rapunzel’s Hair Salon for a courtly hairdo.
All Royal Ball activities are included with general museum admission fees.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13.50, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.