Paws and Claws Weekend at The Strong Museum January 25 & 26
December 20, 2013
For Immediate Release
Contact: Shane Rhinewald, 585-410-6365, email@example.com
Paws and Claws Weekend
at The Strong Museum
January 25 and 26
Enjoy a weekend of tail-wagging fun during Paws and Claws at The Strong National Museum of Play on Saturday, January 25 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday, January 26 from 1 to 4 p.m. Check out a mini-zoo of unique animals from Jeff Musial of Nickel City Reptiles and Exotics (frequent guests of The Late Show with Jimmy Fallon and Late Night with Conan O’Brien) and learn facts about each reptile and mammal’s natural habitat, preferred survival techniques, and eating habits.
Among the other furry and feathered festivities:
- Shake paws with trained therapy dogs from Lollypop Farm Pet Assisted Therapy on Saturday; retired racing greyhounds from Greyhound Adoption of Greater Rochester on Sunday; and Siren the Fire dog, a dalmation that aids the Livingston County Fire Department, on both days.
- Cheer on battery-operated hamsters as they compete at the
Toy Hamster Raceway.
- Play a fish-finding game at the Rainbow Reef Aquarium and receive a
temporary fish tattoo.
- Make a pet toy to donate to a local animal rescue shelter.
- On Sunday only, meet a member of the Rochester Americans hockey team and mascot Moose from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
All Paws and Claws Weekend activities are included with general museum
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $13.50, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $3 for members, $4 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.