Fit Kids Day at The Strong Museum December 3
November 21, 2016
For Immediate Release
Fit Kids Day
at The Strong© Museum
Jump, run, or slide into The Strong museum for Fit Kids Day on Saturday, December 3 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Enjoy a day filled with fitness fun and learn about the long-term benefits of healthy living and staying fit:
- Get snowboarding tips with experts from Bristol Mountain Winter Resort.
- Say hello to a healthcare robot and Rochester Knighthawks mascot R. Thunder.
- Learn how to keep your body in top form.
- Hear about fun winter programs and activities from the City of Rochester’s Department of Recreation and Youth Services.
- Discover healthy foods that the Rochester Public Market has available this season.
- Try out Fooducate, an app designed to compare the nutritional value of different food items.
- Test muscle coordination with a circuit of physical games, including an indoor “snowball” toss and yoga.
- Groove to the beat in DanceLab, climb a rock wall in Field of Play, and more.
All Fit Kids Day activities are included with general museum admission fees. Fit Kids Day is presented in cooperation with the Lets Move! Museum and Gardens.
Programs underwritten in part by Delta Air Lines, the official airline of The Strong.
About Fit Kids Day
As part of The Strong’s commitment to promoting wellness in the community, the museum will be providing access to hundreds of underserved kids from five area schools and several local community organizations thanks to support from MVP Health Care.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General Admission Fees (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): age 2 and older $14.50, under age 2 free, members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $4 for members, $5 for nonmembers, under age 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis during regular museum hours. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.