Help the Rochester community and earn service hours. Visit the museum to make a gift to donate to a local not-for-profit organization that assists children or seniors.
Scouts Give Back is open to all ages and includes:
- self-guided museum exploration time;
- all required craft materials;
- 6 eGameRevolution game tokens;
- a carousel ride; and
- a museum shop discount coupon.
Check back this summer for 2013–2014 dates.
Cost: $15 per person.
Call 585-263-2700 to learn more about dates when Scouts Give Back will be offered.
Full, non-refundable payment must be made within two weeks of booking a Scouts at Play visit. Cash, check, money order, or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) may be used to pay for the entire group. Checks and money orders should be made payable to The Strong and must include the name and address of the responsible party.
Adult chaperons required
Adult chaperons are required to accompany scouts ages six to 15 on museum visits. One adult chaperon is required for every five youth scouts (1:5 adult-to-scout ratio). Adult chaperons are not required for scouts ages 16 to 18.
Please review the museum guidelines before your visit.
- Chaperons must stay with their group of children while at the museum, and are responsible for the safety and behavior of those children.
- Chaperons must immediately report any emergency or child separated from their group to a museum staff member.
- Be considerate of other guests in the museum.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the exhibits. They can damage exhibits and artifacts.
A museum facilitator will greet scouts upon arrival. The facilitator will discuss the schedule for the day and provide a brief orientation.
During your trip
A variety of facilitated craft projects will be available from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. Scouts may choose from the available projects to create gifts for donation to local non-profit organizations. Scout leaders are responsible for tracking any service hours scouts earn making gifts for donation.
Scout groups choose when and where to explore and play in the museum during the visit. Groups may stay past 2 p.m. The museum closes at 8 p.m.
National Museum of Play vest and sash patches are available at the Everything for Play! museum shop for $3.99.