Chug in for The Strong’s Ticket to Ride display, and explore the history of America’s fascination with railroad toys:
- Marvel at artifacts that showcase American railroading in the 19th century, such as wooden pull trains and miniature steam engines.
- Discover how popular toy manufacturers—including American Flyer, Lionel, and Marx—brought the excitement and novelty of train excursions to childhood play.
- Check out early models of toy trains carved from wood and made from tin.
- Learn about Lady Lionel line of trains marketed towards girls in the late 1950s.
- See an electronic toy train set created by Lionel Corporation.
The Ticket to Ride display is included with general museum admission fees.