May 30 through September 7
Step right up! Celebrate arcade amusements in all their beeping, blipping, vibrant glory at Boardwalk Arcade. Step into a scene reminiscent of 19th- and early 20th-century seaside resorts such as Coney Island and Atlantic City and journey through the evolution of arcade amusements.
- Play favorite carnival games, including bean bag toss and ring toss.
- Challenge yourself on contemporary arcade games such as Fishbowl Frenzy, Whack N Win!, Skee Ball, Hoop Fever, Jetpack Joyride, Temple Run, and Batman Whack-a-Villain; win tickets and redeem them for a prize.
- Play historic video arcade machines such as Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1985), Smash TV (1990), and NBA Jam (1993).
- Test your flipper skills on classic pinball machines such as The Incredible Hulk (1979); FunHouse (1990); and the amazing Hercules (1979), the world’s largest commercial pinball machine.
- Bring your camera! An oversized beach cut-out provides an unforgettable photo op.
- Spin the wheel of fortune to see what your future holds.
- See display cases of unique artifacts from The Strong’s renowned collections—including rare arcade and pinball machines such as the World War II-era anti-aircraft machine gun game, Sky Fighter (1940), and Humpty Dumpty (1947) the first pinball machine with flippers.
- Start your engine and zip through the evolution of driving games in Racers: The Thrill of Driving Games.
Boardwalk Arcade is produced by The Strong’s International Center for the History of Electronic Games.
While several of the games and activities in Boardwalk Arcade can be played freely, some may require purchased tokens. Money collected from the sale of tokens helps maintain these original artifacts.