Video Game Fun for Everyone! on October 8 (Columbus Day)
September 10, 2012
For Immediate Release
Video Game Fun for Everyone!
at the National Museum of Play
October 8 (Columbus Day)
Power up and revel in video game play and learning at Video Game Fun for Everyone! at the National Museum of Play at The Strong® on Monday, October 8, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Columbus Day):
- Jump into the circle and be among the first to play the latest digitally-enabled playground game, Johann Sebastian Joust. Set to selections from J. S. Bach’s Brandenburg Concertos, the game transforms the ages-old skill of jousting.
- Check out some awesome video game inventions by students and faculty from Rochester Institute of Technology’s Electronic Gaming Society, Center for Student Innovation, and School of Interactive Games and Media.
- Meet and talk to talented video game creators from Workinman, a company that produces games such as Treasure Swipe, I Love Sponge Bob, and Power Rangers Samurai for clients that include Nickelodeon, Paramount, and FunGoPlay.
- Take a rare, behind-the-scenes tour of the International Center for the History of Video Games (ICHEG) Lab at The Strong. (Space is limited to 20 guests per tour and available on a first-come, first-served basis. ICHEG tours start at 11:30 a.m. and 1:30, 2:30, and 3:30 p.m.)
- Visit the eGameRevolution exhibit, where guests can play their way through the history of video games from the first console game to contemporary favorites such as Giant Tetris, Pac-Man Battle Royale, and Fruit Ninja.
All Video Game Fun for Everyone! events are included with general museum admission fees.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
Admission Fees: General Admission (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): Adults $13, Seniors $12, Children (2–15) $11, Children younger than two free, Museum members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $2 for members, $4 for nonmembers; children under 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.