Kids Performing for Kids at National Museum of Play May 21
April 22, 2011
For Immediate Release
Kids Performing for Kids
at the National Museum of Play
Saturday, May 21
Hear a budding pop star before she becomes famous, marvel at a prospective gold-medal Olympic gymnast, and meet a future Nobel prize-winning scientist! Celebrate some of the Rochester-area’s most-talented youngsters at Kids Performing for Kids at The Strong’s National Museum of Play on Saturday, May 21 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. See accomplished kids showcase their abilities in voice, theater, robotics, and more.
On the day’s schedule:
- 11 a.m.–3 p.m. Science and technology whiz kids from Fairport FIRST Team 578 and Churchville-Chili FIRST Team 340 demonstrate their robotic creations.
- 11:30 a.m. The Cobblestone Chorus performs Beatlemania!, a family-friendly selection of Beatles hits.
- 1:30 p.m. Student cast members from Geva Theatre’s The Music Man offer a preview of the show.
- 2 p.m. Hochstein vocal student Katherine Holly MacNeal performs Disney songs.
- 2:45 p.m. Gymnasts from the Gymnastics Training Center of Rochester demonstrate tumbling and floor exercises.
All Kids Performing for Kids performances are included with general museum admission fees.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
Admission Fees: General admission (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): Adults $12; Seniors $11; Children (2–15) $10; Children younger than two free; Museum members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General admission fee plus $2 for members, $4 for nonmembers; Children under 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only. Please call 585-263-2700 to reserve and purchase tickets.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.