Kids Performing for Kids January 29
January 10, 2011
For Immediate Release
Kids Performing for Kids
at Strong National Museum
An international singing sensation? The next great Broadway star? A martial arts champion? Join some of the Rochester-region’s most-talented youngsters at Kids Performing for Kids at the National Museum of Play at the Strong™ on Saturday, January 29 from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Be amazed as accomplished kids showcase their abilities in voice, karate, dance, and more.
On the day’s schedule:
- Noon. Dancers and musicians of Capoeira Mandinga showcase a national martial-arts sport originally developed by African slaves in Brazil.
- 12:30 p.m. T. C. Armstrong Middle School students perform selections from the Disney musical Aladdin Jr. After the performance, museum guests can pose for pictures with Aladdin, Jasmine, and the Genie.
- 1 p.m. Students from Golden Eagle Martial Arts demonstrate self-defense techniques and sparring skills. They may even break a board or two!
- 1:30 p.m. Cara D’Emanuele Studio voice students perform a selection of Broadway show tunes.
- 2 p.m. Step Evolution and the VOA Steppers move their feet in fast-paced step routines.
- 2:30 p.m. Students from the Botsford School of Dance perform.
- 3:30 p.m. Amadeus Chorale Youth Singers present musical selections.
All Kids Performing for Kids performances are included with general museum admission fees.
Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.;
Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
General admission (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): Adults $12; Seniors $11; Children (2–15) $10; Children younger than two free; Museum members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden:
General admission fee plus $2 for members, $4 for nonmembers; Children under 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only. Please call 585-263-2700 to reserve and purchase tickets.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.