Football: The Exhibit Opens at Strong National Museum of Play September 23
August 22, 2011
For Immediate Release
Football: The Exhibit
Opens at the National Museum of Play®
Football is back! Get in the game at Football: The Exhibit opening at The Strong’s National Museum of Play on Saturday, September 24. (Come dressed in your favorite team colors and jump into the action at the opening weekend celebration Saturday, September 24 and Sunday, September 25.)
Football: The Exhibit evokes all of the excitement and experience of the sport while exploring the science and technology that makes it all possible. Giant airbrushed paintings of players in action lead the way into game zones. Guests learn key concepts including collisions, peripheral vision, reaction times, trajectories, and balance.
- Test your strength and accuracy skills in the Passing Cage.
- See if you can match the speed of an NFL running back as you race the lights on the Sprint Track.
- Discover the key to throwing a perfect pass with the Bicycle Wheel Gyroscope.
- Take the Grip Test and compare your grip strength to those of professional football players.
- See how quickly you respond to sound and light stimulus with the Double Reaction Timer.
- Perform awesome collision experiments on the Momentum Track.
- Operate the Arm Muscle Model to see how muscles work.
- Take a Balance Test and see if you can maintain your equilibrium on a balance board.
Two, four, six, eight, who do we appreciate? Watch videos and movies of real cheerleaders in action, and learn about rotational inertia and angular momentum.
Bring your camera and photograph the kids as they stand behind one of the giant painted cut-out boards of players in action. They’ll look just like they are stepping out on the gridiron!
Football: The Exhibit is a traveling exhibit organized by the Arkansas Museum of Discovery. The exhibit will remain on view at the National Museum of Play through January 8, 2012.
Museum Hours: Monday–Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, noon to 5 p.m.
Admission Fees: General Admission (does not include admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden®): Adults $12, Seniors $11, Children (2–15) $10, Children younger than two free, Museum members free.
Admission to Dancing Wings Butterfly Garden: General Admission fee plus $2 for members, $4 for nonmembers; children under 2 free. Entry is by timed ticket only. Please call 585-263-2700 to reserve and purchase tickets.
Parking: Free parking is available at the museum for all guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that, on high visitation days, the museum lot may reach capacity early in the day. If space is not available on site at the time of your visit, additional parking is available at neighboring municipal garages for a fee. The Strong is not responsible for fees incurred at off-site locations.